Flavius Josephus was a first-century Pharisee, soldier, informant to the Romans, and writer. He left behind the most extensive writings on ancient Jewish history still in existence.
These are his complete collected writings in a beautiful hardcover edition.
If you want to understand and immerse yourself in the Jewish history, culture, and community of Jesus, let Josephus: The Complete Works open your eyes. Flavius Josephus—first-century Pharisee, Jewish historian, Roman consultant, and writer—documented aspects of life during the time of Christ, giving us extensive writings on ancient Jewish history.
By studying Josephus' works, you'll gain a behind-the-scenes look at biblical figures, including Abraham, Moses, John the Baptist, and James the brother of Jesus; plus insights into the Dead Sea Scrolls community, Sadducees and Pharisees, the War of the Jews, and more.
- The War of the Jews—an account of the Jewish revolt against Rome up to the destruction of the temple in Jerusalem
- The Antiquities of the Jews—a history of the Jews from Creation to the Roman occupation of Palestine
- The Life of Flavius Josephus—the autobiography of Josephus, who fought against Rome and later served the empire
- Against Apion—a defense of the origin of Judaism in the face of Greco-Roman slanders
- Discourse to the Greeks Concerning Hades—a text Whiston attributed to Josephus
- Index of parallels between Josephus’s Antiquities and the Old Testament including the Apocrypha