Highlighting the latest activities and initiatives of prominent organizations working in the vaccine industry such as the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, The Global Alliance for Vaccines and Immunization, WHO, UNICEF, the World Bank, New Generation Vaccines, Fourth Edition, details steps developing countries have taken toward research, development, manufacture, and regulation of several new vaccines for widespread use.
This text will:
- cover the current state-of-the-art techniques in vaccine development - including the successes and the failures
- trace vaccine development from the bench to public health with regard to both FDA and European Union regulations
- investigate improved methods for immunizing large populations, and the use of needless vaccinations
- discuss the advancements in the heavily government-funded areas for developing vaccines against potential bioterror and infectious disease agents as well as the immunization of large population bases for diseases like: Anthrax, Smallpox, Ebola, West Nile, SARS, and others
Updated throughout with new cutting-edge information on recent breakthroughs and developments.
NEW TO GENERATION VACCINES, FOURTH EDITION:
- highlights the latest activities of prominent organizations in the vaccine industry
- covers the current techniques in vaccine development
- investigates improved methods for immunizing large populations